Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The Well of Living Water...

I was at a Leadership conference recently where I was reminded how important water is to our survival. Even as I say that, it really sounds silly, but I’m serious. I forget that without water I am basically dead! Think about it…relinquish our water supply and we have about a week or so. And those 7 days would not be pleasant. So, at this conference there were people handing out bottles of water with a BIG sign that read…”Free Clean Water”. One of the guys walking with me literally tapped me on the arm and said, “I’d like the dirty water please”. He was joking of course, but how silly it sounded to us for someone to promote “CLEAN” water. There was a purpose for the signs and the offer. We were about to hear stories about a people group who does not have clean drinking water and the rate by which those people are dying. DYING!!! Whether it be from thirst or water born disease, there are people dying every day because they do not have “fresh clean water”.

I’ve been thinking a lot about water since that morning. I’ve been reading Bible stories that relate to water. Here are a couple that I’ve found over the past few days.
Psalm 42:1 (NIV)

1 As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for You, O God. 2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God; When shall I come and appear before God?
And as Jesus was talking to a Samaritan Woman at a well he said: (John 4:14)
If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, 'Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water."
Rev. 22:17 17 "Come!" say the Spirit and the Bride. Whoever hears, echo, "Come!" Is anyone thirsty? Come! All who will, come and drink, Drink freely of the Water of Life!

Can you put your arms around these words?!? Our relationship with God, his Son and the Holy
Spirit is like the relationship of my body to H2O!! I will absolutely die without being filled with the water of life!

So, friend...today I beg you...Drink Deeply From the Well of Living Water! Without it we will dry up and wither away in our Spirit. It's a mystery to say the least...but it's the Truth of the Living God! Drink deeply. Let your spiritual thirst be quenched.
I can't tell you exactly how to drink, for God's spirit works uniquely in every life. But I can tell you that unless you discover God's well of living water for your life, your thirst will never be fulfilled.

just a thought...

No comments: