Saturday, August 9, 2008

Alaska Journey #1 - July 23rd, 2008 4 PM

I can't believe I am on a plane and my next stop is Anchorage! I haven't been to Alaska since Julie and I spent June of 2000 there. 2007 was almost more than I could deal with. Now I'm unplugging form it all for 12 days. The hardest to deal with is that it is because of the climax of the weight of last year that I am even able to do this.

I really have no clue how all that works together, but I grasp more than ever before... actually I grasp for the first time... how "all things work together". I am revisiting my perspective of God's hand in all our circumstances. I have no clue just how involved He is in our lives. Sometimes I think He has designed an overarching blueprint of rewards and consequences and sometimes it seems His hand is in almost every circumstance.

Maybe it is both...

The following days are going to be very challenging. God began weeks (maybe months) ago penetrating my heart for this. I am completely drained and running on empty. I need some fuel. I need restoration in vision. I need deliverance from me. I need the Holy Spirit.

"God blesses (gives the gift of joy) those who are poor and realize their need for Him. For theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven. God blesses those who mourn. For they will be comforted. God blesses those who are humble. For they will inherit the Earth. God blesses those who hunger and thirst for justice. For they will be satisfied. God blesses those who are merciful. For they will be shown mercy. God blesses those whose hearts are pure. For they will see God. God blesses those who work for peace. For they will be called children of God. God blesses those who are persecuted for doing right. For the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs." (Matt 5:3-10 NLT)

No comments: