Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Failure is not Failure... Quitting is Failure

My wife and I have a marriage couselor.

There I said it.  Not only did I say it publically, but on a forum frequented by Christian men, some of which are part of the ministry that I lead.  However, most of those folks already know this for two reasons:

1.)  My marriage is too important for me to harbor personal pride.

2.)  Your marriage (of future marriage) is too important for me to harbor public pride.

So, I sought out help and I don't mind telling people.

A few months back my wife and I had some problems that were bigger than us.  As we began the process of working through some of those with our counselor, it was so helpful, we didn't want to stop going to see John.  So now, if you call me between 9:30 and 11:30 every other Thursday, you'll get my voicemail.

This past Thursday John looked at my wife or me (I can't really remember which) and said, "Failure is not failure, quitting is failure."

Have you ever experienced a moment when you felt like a DVD player that someone just paused or even more like a CD that is skipping.  The conversation continues... time marches on... but you are just stuck in a moment already past?  It was like that.  I couldn't move beyond those words!

If you've ever invested in the stock market, you understand that a loss in not counted as a loss until you sell stock for less than you paid for it.  If you hold shares of a company while the prices are down it is not considered a loss.

That's how this thing works I think.  Until I cash in my chips and count the cost, in other words, QUIT, I haven't lost an inch of ground.

Keep Fighting!

I don't know what you're struggling with, but don't lay on the mat!

GET UP!

You are not down for the count.  You have another round in you.  Get off the freakin' mat and fight!

I'm in your corner.

More importantly, GOD IS IN YOUR CORNER!!

No comments: