Here's an excerpt... (page 13-15)
"Children all around us are growing up without strong positive guidance from their parents, who are busy, distracted, absent, or who choose to be buddies instead of parents to their children."
The United States is the world's leader in fatherless homes. The results of our actions, according to the Father's Manifesto:
- 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes
- 90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes.
- 80% of rapists motivated with displaced angers come from fatherless homes.
- 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes.
- 85% of youth in prisons grew up in fatherless homes.
- 75% of all adolescent patients in drug treatment centers come from fatherless homes.
- 5 times more likely to commit suicide
- 32 times more likely to run away
- 20 times more likely to have behavioral disorders
- 14 times more likely to commit rape
- 9 times more likely to drop out of school
- 10 times more likely to abuse chemical substances
- 9 times more likely to end up in a state-operated institution
- 20 times more likely to end up in prison
If you did not have a caring father, take this week to thank God that you have been made aware of these stats and you can now become a better father!