Sunday, August 10, 2008

Alaska Journey #3 - June 23, 2008 11:49 PM

Nate Davis... that's the name of the man housing us tonight. Also the name of the man who will flyl us over Lake Kijik and the mountains we will be trekking toscout out what they look like. Nate is the superintendent of a local Christian school. Grace Christian is the church and they are looking for a senior pastor. Don't worry Julie, I wouldn't...

Nate's house is very simple with tons of beds and bathrooms for his never-ending flow of visitors (including us). Alaskan hospitality can be matched by noone... and we really pride ourselves for that in the south, so that's a big deal.

It's 3 AM back home, 12 AM here. We'll be out about 8 in the morning to shop for supplies and then to Port Alsworth at 2 PM.


Peter mentioned off-handedly that we did not know the condition of the mountain and Nate offered to fly us over without a flinch.



Just today Nate got back a big Brown bear pelt he killed this year. I learned that they measure the bear by averagin tow to tail and paw to paw. The pelt was beautiful! I never knew their fur could be so soft and fluffy!

It's raining, cold and I'm exhausted! I really hope it's not raining our first day out. This is definitely more than I bargained for. I am one of the most blessed people on the planet!

I miss my family!

No comments: