Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Alaska Journey #4 - July 24, 2008 5:15 AM

One of the great things about Alaska is that you wake up at 5 AM and you've slept late! The other great thing is that at 5 :15 it's been light for an hour and a half (at least in July). Of course, that will probably become a bad thing once we are sleepign outside. One more night in a sheltered sleep environment! I suspect that last night was the end of the worm comfy cozy bed. Today will probably hold quite the adventure, I'm sure!

I am scared to death that I will not sleep for the next 10 days.

"I lay down and sleep, yet I woke up in safety, for the Lord was watching over me... I am not afraid of 10,000 enemies who surround me on every side." Psalm 3:5-6

"In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, oh Lord, will keep me safe." Psalm 4:8

"When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers - the moon and the stars you set in place - what are mere mortals that you should think about them? Human beings that you should think about them? Psalm 8:3-4

"You can go to bed without fear. You will lie down and sleep soundly. You need not be afraid of sudden disaster or destruction that comes to the wicked, for the Lord is your security." Proverbs 3:24-25

No comments: