Tuesday, December 4, 2007

to our prayer team following dads death

Today was a little better, tomorrow... Who knows.  We’re continuing to take things a day at a time.

Julie and I are beginning to feel like we’re making headway with the house.  Still a ton to do, but we are moving forward one step at a time.  Thank you for your prayers and also your help with watching kidos, moving boxes, sending cards, thoughts and prayers, making meals and all the other stuff that you guys have been so gracious to give.  It has been so amazing and special for us!!!

I told CONVERGE in a newsletter today that there are times in life when only the Strong Arm of the Almighty can hold us up.   (Deut. 33:27 “The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.”)     But there are other times when God requires us to allow other believers to hold up our arms.  (Exodus 17:12  “When Moses’ hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it.  Aaron and Hur held his hands up – one on one side and one on the other – so that his hands remained steady till sunset.”)  These times when you can’t do it yourself are humbling and even a little humiliating.  That’s when the Body of Christ wraps you up with a love the size of a canyon wide.  We have been overwhelmed by the gracious arms of God holding up the gracious arms of you who have been holding us up during this time!!  I will never be able to express what it means to us.  I sit here with tears as I type.

Pray for CONVERGE as we go into a two week season of signing a community covenant for 2008.  This is simply an opportunity for our spiritual family to make promises to one another to grow in our relationship with God, with One Another and to work together to be a light to Auburn and Opelika.  This is a very important step for us to take.  Pray for God to penetrate to the depths of the hearts of those whom He has called to work with us in the coming year.

Pray for me and for Julie as I travel to graduate from my Master’s program in Lakeland this Thursday through Saturday.  I am going to come up a little short on my thesis due to the past couple of weeks, but the school has graciously granted me an extension to the end of the year.  I will walk on Saturday though.  Pray that the baby does not come during that time!

Pray for Julie as she is coming to the tail end of the pregnancy!  She is beginning to feel a lot more muscle tension now and even some small contractions.  Tomorrow (or today since it’s past 12) is her birthday.  Pray that she’ll have an amazing day and night and will be encouraged!

God is SO GOOD.  I cannot express the things I am thankful for during this time.  It absolutely has been the hardest year of our lives, and the past month the hardest month of that year.  I could have never imagined how deep life could cut.  However, these things have a way of thrusting you headlong into the love of Christ.  God is SO SO Good!

Kevin

No comments: